Lightroom Tutorials by Laura Shoe

Tutorials on photography and use of photo-editing software.

Lightroom Tutorials by Laura Shoe

Postby Hatter » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:47 pm

What's new in Lightroom 5.5 and Lightroom Mobile

Working with History and Before & After

Lots more here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/LauraShoe1/videos
Hatter
Site Admin

Re: Lightroom Tutorials by Laura Shoe

Postby Reiner » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Can't get my head around Lightroom, too involved with PS.
Reiner

Postby Fogey » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:16 am

I know what you mean Pete.

The biggest concept that I couldn't get my head around was how Lightroom deals with imported photos. Once I realised the photos were merely catalogues, leaving the originals still on the hard drive in their original state, I could move on. I still might have this wrong as there is so much to this powerful piece of software, so until somebody tells me different I'll carry on.

As for being involved with Photoshop, Lightroom is in the same Adobe Suite as Photoshop and are able to 'talk' to each other,in much the same way as Excel, Access, Word and Powerpoint are in the same suite called Microsoft office. Once you learn how all the packages integrate with each other, then the world becomes your oyster.
Jeff.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up discretionary, laughing at yourself positively therapeutic.

http://fogeysplace.co.uk/
Fogey

Postby Hatter » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:04 am

Fogey wrote:The biggest concept that I couldn't get my head around was how Lightroom deals with imported photos. Once I realised the photos were merely catalogues, leaving the originals still on the hard drive in their original state, I could move on. I still might have this wrong as there is so much to this powerful piece of software, so until somebody tells me different I'll carry on.

That's correct, Jeff.
Aperture stores all the photos in its database, but Lightroom just references them in their existing location.
Hatter
Site Admin

Return to Tutorials